Blue LLP has filed a personal injury lawsuit against the owner and operator of a Budget Inn motel in Chadbourn, North Carolina.
According to the complaint, the victim, Mr. Edmond Leroy of Fort Pierce, Florida, was severely burned when he tried to cook breakfast and a propane leak led to a devastating gas explosion.
The complaint alleges that the explosion was the result of the motel owner and operator’s negligent installation of a cast iron gas stove in the motel kitchen, despite the manufacturer’s warning that the stove should only be used outdoors. Additionally, according to the complaint, the gas stove was connected to the equivalent of a 4,200-pound liquified propane tank, although the maximum capacity tank for which the stove was designed was 40 pounds.
As a result of the explosion, Mr. Leroy suffered second and third-degree burns that covered a significant portion of his body. He remained hospitalized for approximately 7 months.
Read the complaint here.