OUTSIDE GENERAL COUNSEL
NORTH CAROLINA OUTSIDE GENERAL COUNSEL ATTORNEYS
Many companies have sophisticated legal needs, but are not ready to hire a full-time in-house lawyer. Many family-owned or closely held businesses have regular legal issues. Some of our business clients rely on us for their day-to-day legal needs instead of employing their own in-house counsel. As outside general counsel, we take the time to understand their businesses holistically and work closely with them to provide consistent legal and business advice in a wide range of areas:
- We work with the Board of Directors on corporate formation, bylaws and operating agreements, meetings, minutes, compliance, and governance support.
- We provide transactional services around real estate, financing, partnerships, and joint ventures.
- We draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a wide variety of contracts, including employment, procurement, sales and marketing, licensing, and facilities agreements.
- We develop and review company policies, procedures, and standard agreements and forms.
- We monitor legislation, regulations, and relevant news to advise companies on issues and developments.
- We help identify risk mitigation opportunities and develop strategies.
- We manage outside counsel, including fee arrangements, forecasting, and bill review.
- We help them subpoenas and discovery requests, and help them prepare for individual depositions or 30(b)(6) depositions.
- We work closely with their human resources departments to monitor and manage a variety of employment matters.
As outside counsel, we take the time to understand their business (whether it is delivery company, an academic institution, or an internet technology start-up) and become an integral part of their management team.
Our attorneys have experience in law and business, and have served on corporate boards, bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table.
Contact us today.
Complete the form below or call (919) 833-1931 for a free consultation.